This review is on the Too Faced “The Return of Sexy” eyeshadow palette ($48). This palette consists of 15 eyeshadows (mattes, shimmer, sparkle, and pearl), full sized waterproof eyeliner in Perfect Black and a baby shadow insurance eyeshadow primer. This Return of Sexy palette is organized in three collections, The Ingénue, The Icon and The Bombshell.
At 6.75” * 2.50” * .5”, this palette is still small enough to fit in your purse and I have to tell you it’s pretty solid. There’s an engraved pattern going along the entire parameter of the outside that is sleek and sexy. On the inside there’s a mirror and a few pull out cards giving step-by-step instructions on how to create looks with the eyeshadows in the palette. The back of the palette shows a diagram of the shadows included as well as their names. The sturdiness of this palette and the array of colors makes it perfect for travel. With it your eye makeup can easily go from day to evening.
Pigmentation & Texture
All fifteen of the eyeshadows in The Return of Sexy palette are extremely pigmented. This also goes for the Perfect Black eyeliner that was included. It’s one of the blackest liners I have ever used. The texture of the eyeshadows gave me a little trouble. They are so SOFT which is great but can be a recipe for disaster. When dipping my brush into a color I had to be very careful not to pick up too much product. Keep in mind that a lot of the eyeshadows are shimmery and sparkly. I did experience a little fall out when I was a little heavy handed. You might want to do your eye makeup first and then the rest of your face.
Longevity
Along with the full sized eyeliner, another bonus was the baby shadow insurance eyeshadow primer. Several YouTube gurus that I subscribe to swear by this stuff and as it turns out they are right. It’s great. I wore the eyeshadows over the primer and sometimes over a base and they lasted all day, morning to night.
Price
The Return of Sexy eyeshadow palette is perfectly priced. In fact it’s a steal. For $48 you get 15 eyeshadows, a full sized eyeliner and a mini eyeshadow primer. You can’t beat that. Sephora has it valued at $157.
There’s no indication that this palette is limited edition but I wouldn’t wait to purchase it. With the holidays coming up it’s a great stocking stuffer. My favorite collections from this palette are The Icon and The Bombshell. The pinks, purples and silvers are gorgeous!
It would be awesome if Too Faced split up this palette in to three that can be sold separately. That might appeal to a much larger audience.
It would be awesome if Too Faced split up this palette in to three that can be sold separately. That might appeal to a much larger audience.
![]() |
| L - R: Naive, Ingenue, Innocent, New in Town, Casting Couch |
![]() |
| L - R: Pink Diamond, Icon, Divorcee, Hopeless Romantic, Primadonna |
![]() |
| L - R: 7 Year Itch, Bombshell, Hollywood, Maneater. Beautymark |










the palette is beautiful..
ReplyDeletethis goes in my to want list!
vickyhoang.blogspot.com
Thanks for commenting, Vicky! I really like this palette and you can create so many diffeent looks using it.
DeleteI have it. I love it. But there are definitely no matte colors! Which is quite sad! :P:(
ReplyDeleteNo there aren't any matte colors. I do love it as well especially the purples and silvers.
Delete