Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Birchbox: September 2012


So neither my August Birchbox nor Glam Bag was anything to write home about. I was really disappointed in the products I received, but with a new month came new box of goodies.
 

A Birchbox Custom Polish from Color Club

The name of the custom color nail polish is ‘Status Update’ and is said to be inspired by the Fall 2012 collections. It’s a very dark gray color and that sort of shade on my hands and nails is not my cup of tea. Birchbox has previously sent a polish from Color Club that I did like. I’m curious as to why they would send the same brand twice. I’ve also noticed a pattern with the perfume samples they include. There are thousands of brands to choose samples from so there’s no need to repeat one.

A Pro-Mend Split End Treatment System from Nexxus

I don’t typically have an issue with split ends but prevention is better than a cure. The sample amounts included were for a one time treatment (shampoo, conditioner and leave in crème) so I can’t say that it lives up to any claims. I will however keep it in mind the next time I’m in the market for a new hair care regimen.


A Birchbox Custom Lace Hair Tie from Twistband

I don’t think you can ever have too many hair ties, however the one that came with this month’s Birchbox was ORANGE! I’m a proud die hard Florida State Seminole and as such will not be rocking this hair tie. Perhaps I’ll give it to one of my Gator friends to wear.
 
A Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator from Vasanti

With the change of seasons, I usually notice a change in my skin. It becomes a little drier in certain areas and exfoliating becomes very important to keep it from looking dull. I got quite a few uses out of the sample size that was included and I really liked it. This face rejuvenator is enriched with papaya and aloe so it smells great!

A Mineral Primer from Youngblood

The pièce de résistance of this month’s Birchbox was this mineral primer. This primer is FANTASTIC and contains skin-soothing vitamins and minerals. After what my skin has been through these past couple of months, this primer was just what it needed. I’ve used it every day since it arrived and I still have a ton left in the sample sized bottle. Just the tiniest drop covers your entire face to diminish the appearance of large pores or wrinkles. I love when things unexpectedly blow you away and in a good way.

The LIFESTYLE EXTRA for this month were an assortment of teas from Mighty Leaf Tea Company

I love to drink tea! There’s something about a nice hot cup of tea that helps me to be still and relax. Three teas were included in three different flavors ranging from caffeine to light caffeine to caffeine free which I thought was cool. They were all delicious!

My Birchbox subscription has definitely been hit or miss but the Mineral Primer from Youngblood made this month’s box totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment