Saturday, September 1, 2012

Faith's Favorites: August 2012

Where does the time go? I honestly can't believe we're in September already. I feel like I say that every month.

On a personal note, today is my mom's birthday. She's my soul mate and the love of my life! I am truly blessed to have her as my mother.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

The majority of my favorites are by way of the new line of cosmetics from Makeup Geek. Last month I shared an in depth look at the eyeshadows and lipsticks included in the starter kit and adventure pack. Click HERE for more pictures and a detailed write up.

Of the eight eyeshadows and five lipsticks here are my most loved, can't live without shades.

Eyeshadows
Purely Naked
Glamorous
Cocoa Bear
Mocha
Corrupt

Lipsticks
Fearless
Famous
Luscious

My next favorite is an old favorite. On my of my first trips to MAC, two years ago, I purchased their Cleanse Off Oil. It was my first time using a cleanser that wasn't gel based. I don't know why I stopped using it. This product is awesome! It goes on as an oil and when it comes in contact with water turns white and milky. It cleanses and even removes eye makeup without leaving your skin feel dry and stretched.

Recently I battled a terrible skin irritation. I felt like the gel based cleanser I was using was only agitating my skin more and more everyday. I remembered MAC's oil based cleanser and picked up a bottle. Almost overnight I saw a difference in my skin. I was able to wash my face morning and night without further irritating my skin which allowed it to start healing. I definitely suggest keeping a bottle of this cleanser at home. Especially I'd you're prone to dry skin and breakouts.

Last but certainly not least is the Stippling Brush from Real Techniques. Real Techniques is a line of brushes from Samantha Chapman. She one half of the dynamic duo that is Pixiwoo. I've mentioned them a couple of times as being a favorite YouTube channel to watch. The bristles are the perfect length and density. This brush makes applying foundation a cinch!

That's all I have for this month. As always share your favorites with me in the comment section below.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction for next month's favorites. I'm 100% sure that Urban Decay's Ocho Loco eyeliner set will be on the list. I haven't been able to use them all but these babies are AMAZING! Click HERE for swatches of the eyeliners.












7 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Was going to buy the Real Techniques brushes this weekend!! Didn't realize they were from Pixiwoo!! More excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And I agree on the MUG shadows!!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own that same stippling brush from Real techniques. Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. The next time I stop in at Ulta I may pick up another brush set from them.

      Delete
  4. I got some other Real Techniques brushes at Ulta. The were out of the stippling brush though. They're really nice brushes. So far I like them!

    ReplyDelete