When I first saw the promotional pictures for MAC’s Office Hours Pro Longwear collection, I got super excited. There were several shades of pinks included and being that it’s my favorite color I thought for sure I’d want a few items. Over the course of the last week or so I’ve read many reviews and unfortunately for MAC, not one of them was good.
Office Hours was released last Thursday online and is available in stores today. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to stop by the nearest MAC counter to see this for myself. Have you ever read a bad review for a movie and then decided not to go see it in the theaters? Then when it’s on TV a year later it’s really good and you wished you’d seen it at the movies. I was hoping this would be the case with Office Hours. Not so much!
The one saving grace for this collection, in my opinion, is the lipglasses ($19.50). I had my eye specifically on Boundless Beige (Frost). I loved the way it sparkled in the tube. With fingers crossed I’d hoped that it actually transferred well and didn’t stay gooped up in the tube. The holidays are right around the corner and a gloss like this will come in handy to spice up any lipstick color.
![]() |
| Boundless Beige |
![]() |
| Boundless Beige & Sugarrimmed |
Unfortunately for me, MAC only sent this particular store three tubes of Boundless Beige. Two were used as testers (which makes no sense) and one was sold prior to me getting there. I settled on a permanent Dazzleglass (Sugarrimmed) instead. It's a little pinker but has just as much sparkle. The lipglasses from the Office Hours collection however are still available online.
My hope is that MAC, in the future, will focus on the quality of their collections and not the quantity.




No comments:
Post a Comment