Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review: Inglot Cosmetics - Eyeshadows

This review is on the Inglot Cosmetics eyeshadows I picked up while on vacation in Las Vegas. Inglot Cosmetics can be purchased online (http://inglotcosmetics.com/) or in stores around the world (http://inglotcosmetics.com/inglot/stores).

Over the past year or so I have been hearing so much about Inglot Cosmetics. When plotting out places to sightsee while on our trip, I knew I had to stop in at their store in Las Vegas. The actual process of picking out eyeshadows was really fun. Shades of similar colors were grouped together on metal palettes. The sales associate gave me my own palette to place the shadows I wanted to purchase. I knew that I wanted a smaller palette that had three colors suitable for Fall and then another for Spring/Summer. They do however sell single pan eyeshadows as well as eyeshadows to be placed in larger palettes (sold separately).

Not having had any prior experience with Inglot, it took me a while to settle on my six eyeshadows. I kept swatching and swatching, picking up and putting back eyeshadow after eyeshadow. I’m really pleased with my selection.


Pigmentation
The color pay off of the Inglot eyeshadows was awesome! They appear on the eye exactly how they do in the pan.  With very little product I might add. There’s no need to build layer after layer. Just one swipe of your brush in the shadow and you’re good to go.

Texture
What I loved most about these eyeshadows, besides the price (we’ll get to that), was the texture. They weren’t dry but actually very soft. Even with their creamy texture I didn’t experience any fall out of shadow all over my face or in my lashes or excessive waste of product on my brush.

Longevity
As I stated in a previous review, I always wear an eyeshadow primer. That goes without saying. What I found to be different with the Inglot eyeshadows was that I DIDN’T need to wear a base on top of the primer. The primer was enough to help the shadows last literally all day.

Price
The price for one of the square eyeshadows is $6.00 and the price of the Freedom System Palette 3 Eye Shadow Square is 8.00, so the total for six eyeshadow and two three-pan palettes was $52.00. You CANNOT beat that! Six eyeshadows from MAC which are smaller than the Inglot eyeshadows would have been $72.00 without a palette. 

So far, I’ve had a great experience with these eyeshadows. It’s nice to have a positive experience the first time using a new brand. Since it took me so long to decide on the eyeshadows, I didn’t have time to check out the lipsticks, blushes or face powders. I honestly wish there was one close to me in Tampa.



Left to Right - AMC Shine 48, AMC Shine 14, AMC Shine 32



Left to Right - AMC Shine 31, AMC Shine 15, Pearl 433


2 comments:

  1. i loved your post but the pictures are too small and i cant see the colour code :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just added the names of the shadows to the caption of the pictures. Hope this helps.

      Delete