Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Look: MAC Lipsticks (Full Fuchsia & Yung Rapunxel)

Full Fuchsia and Yung Rapunxel

Whenever I go to a MAC Pro store, I'm always a little overwhelmed. There are so many products!  Products that I have no idea how to use or apply. I stuck with the lipsticks and I decided to pick one shade that was a pro shade. That lipstick I gravitated towards was Full Fuchsia. It's probably a color that would be better suited for Spring or Summer but I'll make it work for Fall and Winter by mixing it with a deeper lipstick or layering it over a darker lipliner.
 
The second lipstick from this haul wasn't purchased at the pro store, but became available while I was on vacation in Las Vegas. In collaboration with rap artist, Azealia Banks, MAC has released Yung Rapunxel. This amplified lipstick, described as a deep plum, is available online and in MAC stores in the 212 area code. It was a new release for New York's Fashion Week's "Fashion Night Out" (September 5th) and is a gorgeous shade for Fall and Winter.
 
Reviews to come, but for now, here are photos and swatches.




Full Fuchsia


Yung Rapunxel




 

5 comments:

  1. Faith,
    I wish Yung Rapunxel was more opaque. Do you think it could give more coverage without feeling heavy? It's such a lovely shade.
    That Full Fuchsia is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi, just like Faith suggested you could probably use a lip pencil on your entire lip area first and then apply the lip stick. That should give you the look you want. I also ordered it, and am just waiting to get it. :) It looked so pretty on Azealia.

      www.flawlessandfancy.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Mimi, I completely agree. Yung Rapunxel is a little sheer. It might be more opaque if layered over a lip liner. I tried to add layers of just the lipstick but it became way too sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received my YR today, and the color payoff is a rich deep plum, much like Cyber. What I got gives full coverage, and looks like it did on Azealia in her promo pic. I did not use any other product with it.

    ReplyDelete