Friday, April 6, 2012

Product Review: MAKE UP FOR EVER – HD Invisible Cover Foundation

MAKE UP FOR EVER is a cosmetics brand founded in 1984 by artist, Dany Sanz. It launched in the U.S. in 1995 and is exclusively sold by Sephora (in-store and online).Over the last couple of years, I’ve read reviews, both positive and negative, on this liquid foundation. I finally bit the bullet and purchased it in February. The cost for 1.01 ounces is $40, which is a little steep for me.  MAC’s Studio Fix Fluid foundation runs $27 for the same amount of product.  
This foundation is an “oil-free medium-to-full coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.” It’s meant to be worn, by those “in the spotlight”, which is clearly not me. I’m rarely ever photographed or in front of a camera.
The product itself is a runny, thin liquid and is dispensed with a pump. The color I purchased was 177 (Cognac).The packaging is plastic which I like since I don’t have to worry about it breaking if I throw it in a suitcase or an overnight bag.
Right out of the gate, I didn’t like the way this foundation felt on my face. In the mornings, it would take me a while to work it in to my skin even though I was only using two to three pumps of the product. Even after it was well blended, it still felt wet on my skin and it didn’t have the coverage I’d hoped for. I found myself blotting and patting my face with a dry washcloth before I set it with powder.   Five to six hours later, I’d look in the mirror and it was as if I’d never applied anything in the first place. My skin is very oily and this could have something to do with the staying power not being as long for me. I used this product in conjunction with a primer but the results were the same.
The HD Invisible Cover Foundation didn’t live up to its claims for me.  If you have normal or dry skin, I think this foundation would work very well for you.  Revlon’s Color Stay foundation is just as liquidy and costs much less ($11) and offers a fuller coverage. MAKE UP FOR EVER has another formula of liquid foundation that I’d be up for experimenting with. It’s the Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation ($34) and is suppose to control shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment