Tuesday, October 30, 2012

HUGE HAUL: Sigma Beauty

A while back one of my godmothers (yes I have more than one) asked for my wish list for makeup brushes. I gave her a few top picks from Sigma beauty but told her I was boycotting my birthday this year and not to bother sending me anything. I was in no mood to celebrate.

On Friday there was an orange slip notifying me of a package from Sigma. I knew instantly it was ordered/sent by her. She’d allowed enough time to pass from my birthday to now I guess. Imagine my surprise when I opened up the box this morning and saw that she’d purchased EVERYTHING on my wish list. I am so spoiled, it’s not even funny! It seriously felt like Christmas.

Here are the official product details on the Palette/Kits as well as photos I quickly took last night:
 

The Dare Eye Shadow Palette

The Dare Eye Shadow Palette includes eight eye shadow shades represented by warm, vibrant and neutral tones. The hues range from light corals to rich reds, complemented by yellow-gold tones. This palette allows you to create a wide range of bold and colorful looks! Contains matte and satin formulations. 

Includes a dual-ended brush:

E20 - Short Shader: Apply color onto small areas of the eye such as the outer eyelid. Also use to smudge the lower lash line.
E45 - Small Tapered Blending: Picking up color with just the tip of the brush, apply intense colors to the crease to add depth and dimension to the eye.




 


The NEW Synthetic Essential Kit

The NEW Sigmax Synthetic Essential Kit contains ten face brushes specifically designed for a high definition, flawless makeup application. This kit features our exclusive Sigmax synthetic filament, which was created to perfectly apply powder, cream and liquid products onto the skin without absorption into the bristles. The shape, density and height of each brush was designed to complement the different areas and shapes of the face. The Synthetic Essential Kit has everything you need to achieve a perfect and flawless face!

Brushes Included:

F80 - Flat Kabuki: Application of liquid or cream products to flat areas of the face such as the forehead and cheeks.
F82 - Round Kabuki: Blend mineral products onto the skin.
F84 - Angled Kabuki: Buff cream blush or bronzer onto the skin.
F88 - Flat Angled Kabuki: Blends foundation easily onto  hard to reach areas of the face. Angle fits all areas of the face seamlessly. Works especially well on cheekbones and contours of the nose.
F86 - Tapered Kabuki: Apply cream and liquid foundations onto the harder to reach contours of the face.
P80 - Precision Flat: Stipple concealer on sun spots, blemishes, and other small imperfections.
P82 - Precision Round: Apply eye shadow base or primer onto the lid.
P84 - Precision Angled: Apply product to areas such as the sides of the nose and the hollows of the cheeks.
P86 - Precision Tapered: Exact placement of concealer in harder to reach areas such as around the eyes and nose, chin, and around the mouth.
P88 - Precision Flat Angled: Use for precise application of concealer products anywhere on the face. Works particularly well around eyes nose.




 




























The Performance Eye Kit

The Performance Eyes Kit was designed to allow the precise application of liquid, cream and powder products onto defined areas of the eyes. Essential to creating elaborate looks, the Performance Eyes Kit is a must for advanced makeup artistry.

Brushes Included:

E11 - Eye Liner: Use with gel or cream liner to create detailed and artistic effects.
E16 - Tightline Liner: Press gel, cream or liquid products onto the upper lash line.  Fill in the space between lashes.
E17 - Waterline Liner: Apply cream or gel liners onto the lower waterline.
E21 - Smudge: Precise application and smudging of color onto the upper and lower lash lines.
E36 - Blending: Precise blending of powder products onto small areas of the eye.
E46 - Shader - Inner Corner: Apply highlight shades onto the inner corner of the eye.
E47 - Shader - Crease: Application of deep shades onto the crease.
E56 - Shader - Lid: Controlled application of  color onto precise areas of the lid.




 












The Sigma Beauty Premium Kit

 The Sigma Beauty Premium Kit contains fifteen signature quality brushes for the face, eyes and lips. These brushes are unique, versatile and the perfect addition to complete your brush collection.

Brushes Included:

E10 - Small Eye Liner: Precise application of liner. Use with gel or liquid liners.
E15 - Flat Definer: Sharp and precise application. Press product along upper and lower lash lines to create an easy, thin liner. Works with gel, liquid or powder products.
E20 - Short Shader: Concentrated color application. Apply color onto small areas of the eye such as the outer eyelid. Also use to smudge the lower lash line.
E25 - Blending: Controlled blending. Blend colors together onto the lid with added control. Buff out harsh lines for a well blended effect.
E35 - Tapered Blending: Controlled application of crease color. Using just the tip of the brush to pick up color, apply directly onto the crease and sweep through. Effect is blended, but defined.
E45 - Small Tapered Blending: Precise color application onto the crease. Picking up color with just the tip of the brush, apply intense colors to the crease to add depth and dimension to the eye.
E50 - Large Fluff: Controlled highlighting. Apply highlighting shades onto the brow bone or upper cheekbone. Gives a soft and blended finish.
F10 - Powder/Blush: Precise placement of blush. Use for powder application.
F15 - Duo Fibre Powder/Blush: Soft blush application. Generates a diffused blush application. Works especially well with mineral product for a natural and delicate effect.
F20 - Large Powder: Controlled bronzer application. Bronzing of the cheekbones and temple area. Using the flat side gives definition and control.
F25 - Tapered Face: Exact product placement onto cheeks. Apply powder, blush or contour shades onto the cheeks and temples. Tapered shape gives exact placement of product.
F35 - Tapered Highlighter: Subtle highlighting. Apply highlighting shades onto the upper contours of the face. Diffused finish gives skin a natural glow.
F65 - Large Concealer: Conceal larger areas of the face or body. Works well with liquid or cream products.
F75 - Concealer: Precise product placement. Use around the lip area to conceal when wearing bold lip colors.
L05 - Lip: Precise application of color onto the lips. Use the firm edge to define and contour the lips.



















In total there are 33 brushes and I plan on really taking my time to get acquainted with all of them in addition to the eyshadows in the Dare palette. As always I'll share my thoughts with you soon.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I already have quite a few from MAC, but now I have a complete set from Sigma. Their brushes are just as good if not better than MAC and they're cheaper.

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous. I have the Flare, Dare and Bare palettes on my wish list, which is a little excessive and will be narrowed down. Trying to decide which brush set to put on my list so you'll have to keep me posted on the best ones. I think I might put TiffanyD's palette on the list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing godmother and you must do well as a god daughter. Congrats. Enjoy the brushes. I dont own any mac and sigma yet. I have BH (eye set), real techniques, crown and elf (whole sets). I love playing with my brushes. Real techniques so far and elf does me well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soo awesome!!! Enjoy your bday gifts:)!!

    ReplyDelete