Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Recipe Share: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

The Sock It To Me cake was really for the adults and I didn’t want to leave the kids out. I figured a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe would do the trick. The one I picked out was called the “Best Chocolate Chip Cookies”.  Can’t go wrong when it’s called the best right?

This recipe was so easy to put together. I substituted walnuts for chopped peanut butter cups and the cookies came out delicious! There wasn’t one left. Even the adults were getting in on the fun.

Other than changing out the walnuts for peanut butter cups I added an extra step to the process. Before the cookie dough was ready to be dropped on to the pan and put the oven I placed the entire bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes. I thought I read a while back where someone suggested that as  a means to let the dough firm up a bit.

With large spoonfuls this recipe is supposed to make 48 cookies. I used a small scoop specifically for cookie dough that yields 2 inch diameter cookies and got close to 80 from one batch. The base for this cookie recipe (all the ingredients without the chocolate chips and walnuts) would probably work for other types of cookies as well.

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:

·         Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

·        Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.




3 comments:

  1. Woohooo..Thanks so much for posting. I can't wait to try the cake especially. I am scared my cookies wont turn out well. lol. So glad your recipes were a hit with the church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your cookies will be awesome. The recipe is so simple. I would get a small scoop though. It made dropping the dough on to the baking sheet so much easier.

      Delete
  2. i reblogged because they looks sooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete