I have been so enchanted with Sigma Beauty's Paris Makeup Palette that I almost forgot to share Urban Decay's NEW Build Your Own Palette. I purchased this palette after seeing videos on YouTube, which has proven itself to be quite the marketing tool. At the time the palette and newly formulated eyeshadows were only available on the Urban Decay website but can now be purchased in stores. The price for the palette is $18, which is the same as one of their shadows. I figured that price for the palette had to be introductory and would go up at some point so I purchase it online and waited until the shadows were in stores to swatch and buy.
Prior to this palette being released you could buy a single eyeshadow on its own or purchase an already put together palette from Urban Decay. This new item allows you to customize a palette based on what you want, which to me is it's biggest selling point. It comes with an eyeshadow (Walk of Shame: soft pinkish-peach matte) and a Good Karma eyeshadow brush.
The naysayers complain that the hinged tin packaging is too bulky and heavy, but I love it. It's small enough to throw in my purse and I'm not worried about the shadows inside cracking or breaking. I just purchased one of these palettes but if by chance you pick up two, you'll end up with two eyeshadows in Walk of Shame. I'm hoping that at some point, once the hypes dies down, they'll go ahead and sell empty palettes so you can pick six shades instead of five.
Another big plus for this palette and Urban Decay is how easy it is to depot an eyeshadow. You GENTLY press on the back of the shadow, where the label is and out it comes. My first time trying, I pushed too hard and my shadow went flying across the room. Thank goodness it wasn't harmed.
What you're left with is a pan of shadow and an empty container. There are little notches in the palette and you line up the shadow pan to the notch and pop it in. It's just that simple.
The million dollar question I had was could I use this palette with my MAC eyeshadows. The answer is YES! It's not the best fit (see picture below) as the MAC pan is much smaller than the space in the palette and it doesn't sit in something but in a pinch it would work.
The best part of all of this are the eyeshadows themselves. They are soft in texture and easy to apply. The pigmentation is out of this world! As you can see I have two open spots left. I can't decide on which eyeshadows to get. They are all so wonderful!
I'm hoping that in the future, Urban Decay will implement a recycling program for the empty cases. I'd hate to throw them away when they could easily be used again.











No comments:
Post a Comment