Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Faith's Favorites: April 2012

April was a gangbusters month for makeup and beauty products. It seems every major brand was releasing some new collection or product. The following, in no particular order, were my top picks from the month.

On April 5th MAC released three collections for Spring/Summer 2012. Tres Cheeks, In Extra Dimensions and Reel Sexy. Out of all of the new products and repromotes, the only thing I HAD TO HAVE was Heroine lipstick. When I saw promotional pictures, the color just caught my eye. It was like nothing I’d ever purchased or worn before. MAC will typically release new collections on their website first and then in stores a couple of days later. Heroine lipstick, which was a limited edition item, was sold out online by 10am on April 3rd. I left work at 9:30 on April 5th to venture down the road to my nearest MAC counter. The sales associate was still putting change in her drawer. I purchased two. One for everyday use and another as a backup. It’s described as a “bright violet plum” color. It’s a matte shade with absolutely zero shine or luster. It can be worn on its own or with a lipgloss. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick!
When I got Heroine home, I realized I didn’t have a lip pencil to pair it with. Back to MAC I went and was introduced to Magenta, which is a permanent item. It’s a beautiful “vivid pinkish purple” color. It made the favorites list because it not only is a spot on match for Heroine, it works well with many other MAC lipsticks.
My next favorite comes from Sigma Beauty’s Sigmax collection. It’s the F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush. I love this brush to pieces. It makes applying foundation a cinch. The bristles on the brush are short and densely packed. I can apply my foundation in half the time and the results are a flawless application without streaks. Everyone MUST own one of these!
At the end of March, I blogged about this mascara. The Dalton Lash Fix Volatizing Mascara with Nutria 6 Complex.  The timing of when I got this mascara was interesting. A few weeks prior I’d raved about another mascara (that I still love) and here this one was being gifted to me. It comes with a special wand that’s flat on two sides and rounded on two sides. The formula is light weight and it lives up to its "clump and flake-free" claim. As you’re applying this mascara to your lashes you can literally see them plump up and fan out. This product is available on the QVC website and comes as a set of two.
I love Urban Decay’s 24/7 glide on eyeliners. I have talked about them more than once. However, as much as I love them I wanted to find a less expensive dupe for their black eyeliner pencil. Milani’s Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil (Black 01) offers the same creamy formula and long-lasting wear for less than half of UD’s eyeliner. It had to make this favorites list.

Last but certainly not least is Garnier’s Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. BB Creams, also known as blemish balms or beauty balms are quickly making their way into the western markets. I feel like this is the first beauty trend that I’m riding the wave with everyone else. BB creams are popping up all over. They basically are pimped out tinted moisturizers. Garnier’s BB cream comes in two shades, light and medium. I went with the medium even though I knew it would be too light for my skin. Picture E.T. at the end of the movie when he was dying. That’s sort of how I look with the product on my face by itself.  I chose to wear this product underneath my foundation. It was the perfect moisturizer and facial primer. It kept my makeup intact all day even with my oily skin.
I would love to hear all about your favorite makeup, beauty or lifestyle products. Let’s talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment