Saturday, March 3, 2012

My YouTube Nightmare

Today, I gained the utmost respect for the ladies I watch on YouTube. Halfway through the month of February, I got the itch to do a video on the Naked 1 and Naked 2 eyeshadow palettes. I stopped by the Best Buy that's close to my office and picked out a camcorder that was easy enough for me to use but also had great HD quality video. The next stop was Home Depot to get a couple of light fixtures. You can't have a great video without great lighting right? I even dropped by Target to get a new chair.

A couple of Saturday's ago I spent HOURS dragging the camera, lights and chair around the house to see where I could film this video. Let me tell you about these lights. After five minutes of sitting in front of them I felt like I was going to catch on fire. I don't know if the bulbs I purchased were the wrong ones but my goodness I was sweating. After what seemed like forever I decided on two spots. The first would be the bathroom with the shower curtain as the  backdrop (CLASSY!) and if that didn't work I'd film in the office.

I woke up this morning and today was the day I was going to film my first YouTube video. NOT! I set up in the bathroom and the lighting looked crazy in the camcorder's viewer. I looked overexposed. No biggie, I moved to the office. Got set up and was ready to film when my neighbor turned their music up so loud you would have thought a block party was going on outside. IT WAS 10 IN THE MORNING! I walked over to politely ask them to turn it down for an hour or so. Do you know those jokers wouldn't even come to the door. In the mean time, the music is blaring so loud I can't even hear myself think.

Since they wouldn't open the door for me I thought a deputy with the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office might have better luck. Sure enough they did but by the time the music was cut off and I got back upstairs my nerves were shot. I did try to film the video and I hope to God the footage never sees the light of day. I had the names of the palettes wrong. My hands and voice were shaking. I was a mess.

I sincerely tip my hat to the ladies that make the YouTube videos I love watching. Lord knows it's much harder than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment