My monthly favorites have NEVER been this late. With my trip to The Makeup Show Orlando, the premiere of a NEW season of the Real Housewives of Atlanta, the presidential election and a new episode of Scandal. WHEW! There was a lot going on last week but I’m excited to share my most loved items from last month.

Several of the YouTubers I subscribe to were doing videos using the BH Cosmetics Party Girl Palette. I held out on buying it because I’ve had varied experiences with mass produced eyeshadow palettes. The color payoff is usually terrible but I trusted my YouTube ladies to not let me down and they didn’t. When I did get around the purchasing this palette it was for $11 because there was some sale going on. WINNNING! What I love most is the assortment of colors. They are beautiful. The Party Girl palette is the answer to the #1 question I get on a daily basis. “I don’t have a lot of money to spend, what’s a good product to buy?” This palette is the business!
Urban Decay came out with three six-eyeshadow palettes for the Holidays. I picked up the fun Palette and I LOVE it. Purple, turquoise and frosty champagne colors are fast becoming my favorites. The baby lip junkie (Midnight Cowboy) is nice as well. The sparkle really does transfer to your lips.
I mentioned last month that Marlena with Makeup Geek released new eyeshadow colors. Of the two that I purchased Drama Queen was my favorite. That frosted purple color is sick! A must have if purple is a favorite of yours as well.
Lately, I have a love/hate relationship with MAC. Sometimes they release products that I LOVE and sometimes to launch things that I HATE. Very black and white with little gray areas. Like either they hit it on the money or they are way off base. I absolutely loved ALL the items gifted to me from my favorite MAC associate but my top choices were, the Antique Gold Reflects Glitter, Contrast eyeshadow, Violetta lipstick, Dramatic Encounter lipstick, Flight of Fancy lipgloss, Round Midnight eyeshadow and Stolen Moment eyeshadow.
I can’t think of one person who Antique Gold WOULDN’T look good on. A lot of people aren’t in to glitter or sparkle on their eyelids but after going to the makeup show and purchasing a few things from Eye Kandy I realize that I love it and there’s a way to wear glitter and not look like a clown. Contrast eyeshadow, again, is another dark purple/blue color. It can be used to smoke out an eye look if you prefer not to use a black eyeshadow. Violetta is an electric purple lipstick with a frosted finish that’s very moisturizing. The combination of Dramatic Encounter and Flight of Fancy is perfect for Fall as both are deep burgundy plum colors that are suited for each other. I missed the boat when MAC came out with the In Extra Dimension collection earlier this year but I’m happy I got my hands on Round Midnight and Stolen Moment eyeshadow. They feel almost like an eyeshadow base but dry to the finish of a powder that lasts all day.
That’s all for me this month. Promise they won’t be so late in December J


Nice faves, i am so torn because i am so new to makeup, i cant find reasons for having so much of the same colors in different pallettes. Maybe you can help me...lol..Hope you are well.
ReplyDeleteI use to think the same thing but putple isn't just purple. You had purple with more red or more blue. Matte or frost. The list goes on and on. I think sometime soon I'll go thorugh my makeup collection and swatch/blog the varous shades of eyeshadows.
DeleteThis is amazing. Love it
ReplyDelete