Friday, November 30, 2012

MAC to Match Online Sales of Viva Glam Products for World AIDS Day

You may or may not know that tomorrow is World AIDS Day. Earlier in the week, I read a statistic that was alarming.

THIRTY-FOUR MILLION PEOPLE LIVE WITH HIV TODAY AND 1.7 MILLION BECAME NEWLY INFECTED IN 2011.

There is so much being done in the war against this disease as it’s been proven that early diagnosis and proper treatment can reduce sickness and death.

MAC Cosmetics has stepped up and is doing their part to contribute to research and awareness. The company recently announced that it’s going to match all online sales of Viva Glam products on World AIDS Day (December 1st). Without special promotion, all proceeds from the sale of this line go to the MAC AIDS Fund on a normal basis. This year MAC is digging deeper to match sales thereby doubling the contributions to their fund.

I plan on supporting them by purchasing a couple of tubes of lipstick. I haven’t quite figured out which ones yet but I’m thinking Viva Glam I and II.

If you’re wondering how purchasing a $15 tube of lipstick can help read the facts below:


Lipstick 101: 1 Viva Glam Lipstick = 1 party pack to help a child celebrate birthday or a holiday

Lipstick 101: 1 Viva Glam Lipstick = 1 personal nutrition counseling session with a registered dietician

Lipstick 101: 1 Viva Glam Lipstick = 1 pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS

Lipstick 101: 1 Viva Glam Lipstick = 1 HIV prevention workshop conducted by a peer health educator

Lipstick 101: 1 Viva Glam Lipstick = 1 rapid oral HIV test




1 comment:

  1. Such a great cause. I have been wanting to add one to my collection. Tomm will be the perfect day.

    ReplyDelete