Enough with the recap! I’m sure you guys are more interested in what I picked up at The Makeup Show Orlando. Again, most companies were offering significant discounts for their products. To keep myself from swiping my debit card an insane amount of times, I withdrew cash from the bank. That way I knew I wouldn’t go over what I’d intended to spend at the show.
Initially and foolishly my wish list consisted of Inglot, OCC and Make Up For Ever but when I got there I knew I’d be purchasing much much more.
Before I go in to detail about what I came home with I have to share that the folks at OCC were not able to attend The Makeup Show Orlando due to the after effects of Hurricane Sandy. On Friday, I saw a post on Twitter from Lauren/QueenofBlendingMUA saying that she would not be able to make it down to Orlando. By the time we all made it to the Peabody on Sunday morning, everyone and I mean EVERYONE was asking about OCC. We all wanted to get our hands on their fabulous lip tars. We were told at the door that they had in fact not been able to make the trip from NY to Tampa.
The struggle is still very real to clean up the North East. Many coworkers of mine who reside in NY are still without power; one has even lost his home and all of his earthly belongings. Our thoughts and prayers should continue to include those impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
With that, ON TO THE HAUL….
I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to hit up the Inglot booth FIRST! Back in September when I had the opportunity to go to a store I’d purchased six eyeshadows that I LOVE and was dying to get more. This time around I opted for a 10 pan palette. I call it my “RAINBOW” palette.
Top Row:
Freedom System Eye Shadow Pearl Square 450
Freedom System Eye Shadow Pearl Square 605
Freedom System AMC Eye Shadow Shine Square 27
Freedom System Eye Shadow Pearl Square 418
Freedom System Eye Shadow Matte Square 332
Bottom Row:
Freedom System Eye Shadow Matte Square 325
Freedom System Eye Shadow Matte Square 328
Freedom System Eye Shadow AMC Shine 47
Freedom System Eye Shadow Matte Square 326
Freedom System AMC Eye Shadow Square 83
As we were leaving the Inglot booth this young lady stopped us to discuss the Naked Advanced Skin Cream. She gave my friend a hand massage using the product and you could instantly tell how much more the one hand was hydrated over the other. My friend and I decided to split a promotional set of the cream that can only be purchased online or through certain salons.
Right across from them was Smashbox so we ponied up to check out their booth. I picked up their High Definition Healthy FX Foundation and three lipsticks. The foundation comes in 13 shades but only five were available for sale at the actual booth at the show. Smashbox describes the foundation as, “Our revolutionary HIGH DEFINITION HEALTHY FX FOUNDATION BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 15 is an oil-free, weightless formula. UVA/UVB broad spectrum SPF 15 offers sun protection. Skin is refreshed and revitalized for a flawless future.” Can’t wait to try this foundation and the new lippies.

After posting to Twitter that she wouldn’t be able to make The Makeup Show Orlando, Lauren/QueenofBlendingMUA also suggested that those attending should stop by the Magnolia Makeup booth. She even posted a picture to Instagram using their pigments. Now, I am not a loose shadow/powder fan. I can make a real mess with those things. I did however pick up two lip products knows as Lip Fix. They are long wearing lipsticks that come in a mouse-like form in small glass containers. The ladies at this booth were so warm and welcoming and answered all my questions about their products. They are based in New Orleans which is just the place the girls and I were talking about taking a quick trip to soon. Coincidence? I think not J
As the day went on we started to see woman after woman with glitter eyeliner. At first it didn’t strike me as odd because we’re at a makeup show but then there were so many. We had to investigate the source of the glitter and of course get some. When we stumbled upon the Eye Kandy booth it was crowded. Ladies were lining up and choosing a glitter of their choice to be applied as liner. There was a great deal on four glitters, the adhesive and brush. I couldn’t pass it up. My friend and I both sat for our liners to be applied and after it dried you didn’t even notice you were wearing glitter. It was awesome. I’m hoping I don’t make a mess of things at home. Practice makes perfect right?

Left to Right: Black Bart, Licorice Stick, Sugar Cane and Semi Sweet
We waited too long to hit up the Crown Brush booth. They had a line that wrapped around the entire area. At the Makeup Show they were selling hundreds of different kinds of brushes. This was good and bad. You really had to take your time to go through the neatly ordered brushes and there were only three associates available for check out. With the line being so long and people’s patience wearing thin it was hard to stop the checkout guys to ask them a question. Luckily I walked away with a few brushes. Hopefully next year if they are there they’ll have a bigger space.
















Your co-worker and all the people up north are in my prayers. Do you know anything about people taking donations for clothes etc? Such a great haul. It seemed like you contained yourself. I love all your choices too. I am in love with the Inglot packaging. Check back in soon with an update post on how you are enjoying your haul.
ReplyDelete