I woke up to the news that one of my most favorite makeup brands, Urban Decay is being sold to huge cosmetics conglomerate, L’Oreal. I have mixed feelings about this acquisition. For starters Urban Decay is a cruelty-free brand and the move to be included under the L’Oreal umbrella, might change that. Also people are already starting to make the comparison of this transaction to MAC being purchased by Estee Lauder years ago. Many say that around this time the quality of the MAC products started to take a decline. The one bright spot is that Urban Decay should be more assessable to the masses. My hope is that they don’t sacrifice the quality of their products. I’m sure there’s more to come on this story.
Oh wow, thats big news. Have you seen all the fabulous holiday collections? I have my eye on the Lorac and Tarte ones...
ReplyDelete