Saturday, August 4, 2012

Birchbox: June 2012

I haven't blogged about my Birchbox subscription in a couple of months. My first two boxes (April and May) weren't really what I'd expected. I went back to the website and updated my beauty profile and was pleasantly surprised with the items in my June Birchbox.

The following were included:

Juliette Has A Gun  - "Not A Perfume" - This fragrance is very unique as it features one ambery note.

Masqueology - "Pore Minimizing Mask" - This sheet mask shrinks visible pores while amping up your skin's moisture level.

Melvita - "Rose Floral Water" - This mist works as a light toner and mid-day refresher.

the Balm cosmetics - "Stainiac" in Beauty Queen - Two in one lip and cheek stain.

Lifestyle Extra - BAND-AID - "Cynthia Rowley Dress up Band-Aids" - Stylish designer bandages.


What I'll do each month, going forward, is give you a listing and description of all the items and then pick the products that made that month's box "worth it" for me.

What I was most excited over were the Cynthia Rowley designer band aids. As a little girl I would stick Hello Kitty band aids all over myself. Even when I didn't have a "boo boo".  I know these new band aids are suppose to be limited edition but I really wish they'd become permanent. They came in several gorgeous designs.

I was a little apprehensive to use the Rose Floral Water on my face as a toner so I did a little reading on other uses for it. Turns out that rose blooms provide a calming scent that can ease depression and grief. I've taken to spraying a little bit of this rose water on my pillow before bed and I love the way it smells.

Last but not least is the Pore Minimizing Mask. I'd never used a sheet mask before. One where it lays over your entire face with cutouts for your eyes, nose and mouth. I had an awesome experience with this. It didn't really minimize my pores but it left my skin feeling so soft. The best part was it made me sit still for 20 minutes while I had it on my face. Sort of a self imposed time out to pamper myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment