July's Birchbox was a partnership with Glamour magazine that appealed to all five senses (see it, hear it, taste it, touch it, smell it).
Included in this month's box were:
Ada Cosmetics's Bronzer - a slightly shimmery dermatologist approved mineral powder.
Gloss Moderne's High Gloss Masque - a vitamin-rich conditioning complex that restores bounce and shine to your hair.
Harvey Prince's Hello - a perfume with an optimistic blend of juicy Meyer lemon, white grapefruit and pink plumeria.
Stila's Lip Glaze - a gloss that combines shimmer with megawatt shine.
This month there were not one but two lifestyle extras:
LARABAR - healthy snacl bars packed with dried nuts and fruits.
Ear buds - neon headphone perfect for any playlist.
Five out of the six items made this month's Birchbox "worth it" for me.
The bronzer from Ada Cosmetics is really more of a highlighter for me as I have a darker complexion. It adds a subtle glow to my skin without leaving me looking like a disco ball. The sample size that came was perfect for travel or your everyday makeup bag.
I absolutely fell in love with the fragrance Hello. It is so light and just makes you feel good. It doesn't smell too citrusy. It' very crisp and refreshing. It's the perfect pick me up fragrance.
I've been meaning to try a lip glaze from Stila so I was happy to see one included in this month's box. I like the idea of being able to wind up and click out the amount of lipgloss I want. I've had some unfortunate mishaps with other glosses that leave a mess in my purse. Although there is visible shimmer in the gloss it doesn't transfer to the lips which for me is okay. What's left is a high shine gloss that lasts for hours.
I tore in to the LARABAR as soon as I opened the box. The sample that was included was Bananas Foster. The bar was gluten free and was so yummy. The regular price of $27.95 for 16 bars is a little too high for me on an every day basis but I'm happy I got to try one out.
I thought it was really cool that Birchbox included two extras this month. I love the neon earbuds. I keep them in my car for the days when I forget t apple earbuds at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment