Thursday, June 14, 2012

Clinique’s 3-Step Skin Care System

A couple of months ago I had the notion to update my skincare regimen. I was using a facial cleanser from one brand and a moisturizer from another. So on a trip to Sephora I picked up Clinique’s 3-Step Skin Care System for Skin Types 3, 4 Combination Oily to Oily Skin ($41.50). I really liked the idea of having all the products I use in the morning and at night sync up and work together to keep my skin healthy and clear. The set from Clinique came with a liquid cleanser (6.76 oz), clarifying lotion (6.76 oz) and a gel moisturizer (1.69 oz).

 

The liquid cleanser lathers up nicely and gives a slight cooling sensation to the skin. The clarifying lotion is more of a toner/astringent and removes any remaining oil or residue from the skin. The moisturizing gel dries to a matte finish and doesn’t leave my skin feeling sticky oily. The one caveat is that it does not contain SPF which should be a part of everyone’s daily routine to protect your skin from sun damage.

I’ve used this line of products for the last two months, morning and at night, and I still have a third of each container left. In all honesty, the cleanser and clarifying lotion are harsh smelling but they haven’t dried out or damaged my skin. I feel like if I was to go to the dermatologist they would give me something similar to what Clinique includes in their system.

Overall, I really have been happy with this three step system but may continue looking for one with SPF.

 

 

7 comments:

  1. I've used the system as well and I really love it! The one product that I really love is the toner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a great system. I'm thinking of getting the smaller size of the set to travel with. I can always add sunscreen another way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philosophy also makes a line for combination/oily skin I believe. And they do have a moisturizer with SPF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jess. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, but it is very pricey for me so I try to catch sales or check on ebay/amazon for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used this as well buy in the number 2 system. The liquid soap and dramatically diffrent lotion is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently I tried a new skincare system that did not work as well for me so I'm back to my clinique cleanser and moisturizer. These two products are amazing.

      Delete