I've had this recipe for blackberry cobbler for a while (Thanks, Kathy!) and I just got around to baking it last night. In the past I haven't been a huge cobbler fan. Sometimes they taste really thick and bready (yes, I make up my own words from time to time). The recipe below is the original as it was given to me. I only used 3/4 c of sugar and almond milk instead of whole milk. I served it with vanilla bean ice cream and it turned out pretty darn good. The cool thing about this recipe is that you probably have most of the ingredients already in your kitchen.
Ingredients
1/2 stick butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup whole milk
2 cups fresh (or frozen) blackberries
Whipped cream and/or ice cream, for serving
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar with the flour and milk. Whisk in the melted butter. Rinse the blackberries and pat them dry. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour. When 10 minutes of the cooking time remains, sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top. Top with whipped cream or ice cream . . . or both!

No comments:
Post a Comment