MAC Cosmetics just keeps rolling out collection after collection. The Beth Ditto for MAC summer collection consists of pro longwear lipcremes, lip pencils, shade & smoke shadow/liners, a cheek powder, a liquidlast liner, mascaras and nail lacquers. Most items in this collection are limited edition with a few repromotes. I picked up a shade & smoke shadow/liner in Beth Mask and a lipcreme in Heart Hangover. Neither was what I’d hoped for.
The shade & smoke shadow/liner has not received rave reviews and now that I have it in my possession, I can see why. It’s a dual-ended retractable eye pencil. On one side there’s a golden peach pink shadow and on the other, a reddish brown bronze liner. In theory something like this would be awesome! Both the shadow and liner turned out to not be as creamy as I expected. They tugged on my eyelid when being applied. The lighter shade reminds me of a watered down version of MAC’s Expensive Pink eyeshadow. The darker of the two shades, which I couldn’t imagine applying in my waterline, is very close to Sketch eyeshadow. The one saving grace about this brand new product type from MAC is once applied it does have staying power if used with a primer.
Heart Hangover pro Longwear lipcreme is described by MAC as a deep purple. That’s not the description I would have given it. It’s more of a brownish plum color that is very dark. Not exactly what I think of when summer comes to mind. It too was very dry. On its own, the matte finish is very unflattering. MAC claims this lipstick will wear up to twelve hours but for me it only lasted five. I was however able to make it work when I paired it with Magenta Lipliner and a high shine lip gloss.
For more information, including pictures, swatches and reviews on the Beth Ditto for MAC Summer 2012 Collection, head on over to Temptalia.
| Left to Right: Heart Hangover & Beth Mask |
No comments:
Post a Comment