Thursday, February 16, 2012

My WishList

Earlier this week, a co-worker asked if I could create a list of drug store products that can be used "in a pinch" if you are not able get to your high end makeup counter or store. I immediately remembered the 2012 Editor's and Readers' Choice Awards done by Christine with Temptalia.

The website is a warehouse of information on all things makeup and beauty. Christine does product reviews and posts swatches of items prior to the collections being available to the general public. You can also subscribe to her YouTube channel. I consider her to be my Makeup Fairy Godmother. Before I purchase anything new I search her website for information. She grades items on an A to F scale and I  trust her judement.

In going back over the 2012 awards, I put togtether an impromptu wishlist for myself. Products that I've been meaning to try but am just too comfortable with my usual brand.
  1. Make Up For Ever -  HD Foundation
  2. Urban Decay -  24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil
  3. Philosophy - Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser
  4. Philosphy - Hope in a Jar Evening Moisturizer
  5. Inglot - Freedom System Eyeshadow Palette
  6. Laura Mercier - Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer
I stopped by Sephora on my way home from work with the intention of just grabbing two items off of my wishlist. I picked up the high definition foundation in the color 177 and the eye pencil in Perversion (Black). As I was checking out I noticed a 3oz bottle of the facial cleanser for half the price of the 8oz bottle. I figured the smaller bottle was my best bet.

Makeup and beauty products, as with any hobby, can get expensive so I'll be marking through this list a few items at a time unless of course my hubby gets me a giftcard to Sephora :) Trust me. I'm worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment