Sunday, July 1, 2012

Faith's Favorites: June 2012

Today is our last day in Key West so this favorites post will be short and to the point.

My first favorite is Burberry's London perfume. I love this perfume and wore is for years and somehow got away from it. I picked it up a few months ago at Ulta and rekindled the love affair. It has notes of clementine, honeysuckle, English garden rose, tiare flower, jasmine, peony, veil of musks, indian sandalwood and  patchouli. It's a pretty rich fragrance. Not exactly what I would pick for summer but I just love the way it smells on me.


I recently shared my skincare routine with you guys. In addition to Clinique's three-step system, I use MAC's Complete Comfort Cream. It's described as, "a moisturizer formulated to instantly rehydrate the skin and provide immediate and ongoing relief from redness and irritation. Ultra-creamy, provides high-comfort wear while providing sensitive skin with the soothing benefits associated with its calming plant-and marine-based formula." When I feel like my skins needs a little extra TLC I use the Complete Comfort Cream. Mostly at night since it's a thicker cream.

Surprise, Surprise! My next favorite is from MAC as well. I love that store! Impassioned lipstick lives up to its description of an "Amped-Up Fuschia". If you're looking for a new lipstick for summer, Impassioned needs to quickly become a part of your makeup collection. It's full coverage and long lasting. I love to pair this lipstick with Magenta lipliner.

The only reason I am including this next item in my favorites is because it's still available at Sephora.com. I just checked to be sure. It's LORAC's Unzipped eyeshadow palette. Click HERE for details and swatches. I told you guys at the end of May to RUN not walk to pick up this palette. I've never owned a prepackaged palette where I LOVE EVERY SINGLE COLOR. Unzipped was the first. One of the things I love the most is the size. It's so sleek and tiny you can carry it in your purse.

Last but certainly not least is NYX's Mega Shine Lipgloss in Dolly Pink. I think I'm going to have to do a post just on these lipglosses. I have quite a few of them and they are awesome. Super pigmented glosses that can be worn by themselves or layered over lipstick. Dolly Pink is a hot fuschia pink. Another color perfect for summer. What I love most about these lipglosses, in addition to shine and moisture they add, is their price tag of $5.50. Yes you read that right. I've seen some lipglosses that cost upwards of $25 and they don't do what the mega shine lipglosses do. NYX carries these glosses in tons of shades so be sure to check them out.

I'm looking forward to hearing what your favorites were in June. I need ideas on new makeup goodies!















2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the NYX lip glosses. I absolute love them and I own a bunch of colors:-)!

    ReplyDelete